In the fast-evolving world of cannabis email marketing, it’s essential to keep up with the latest updates and changes in email service providers’ guidelines. In February 2024, Google, Hubspot, Alpine IQ and Klaviyo (to name a few) are introducing some significant rule changes that can affect how businesses, including cannabis-related companies and dispensaries, send out emails to their subscribers. CannaPlanners is here to help guide you through this transition.
New Updates to Cannabis Email Marketing Sender Rules
Let’s dive into what you need to know.
Email Send Frequency and Engagement Matters:
- Providers are now more focused on user engagement and interaction with emails.
- Sending too many emails to unengaged recipients can lead to your emails landing in the spam folder.
- Your email marketers should prioritize sending relevant and engaging content to maintain a positive sender reputation.
Permission-Based Email Marketing:
- Email providers continue to emphasize the importance of permission-based marketing.
- Ensure that your email list consists of subscribers who have opted in to receive your emails.
- Avoid purchasing email lists or sending emails to non-consenting recipients.
Authentication and Deliverability Updates:
- Properly authenticate your email domain using SPF, DKIM, and DMARC to enhance email deliverability.
- Implementing these authentication protocols can help prevent phishing attacks and ensure your emails reach the inbox.
User-Friendly Unsubscribe Options:
- Most providers will now require easily accessible unsubscribe options in emails.
- Make sure your emails provide a simple way for recipients to opt-out if they choose to do so.
Mobile Responsiveness for Email:
- Email providers are focusing on mobile-responsive emails.
- Ensure that your email templates are mobile-friendly to provide a seamless experience for users on smartphones and tablets.
Will These Cannabis Email Marketing Updates Affect Your Dispensary?
Staying compliant with these updated rules is crucial for email marketers, including businesses in the cannabis industry like CannaPlanners.com. By following these guidelines and adapting your email marketing strategies, you can maintain a positive sender reputation, improve deliverability, and engage effectively with your subscribers.
Remember that it’s essential to read the specific details and guidelines from your providers directly and stay updated on any further changes they may make to their email rules and policies.
Here are some quick links to help you get more specific information from some of the bigger email providers: