Why does great web design even matter when it comes to selling weed?
You could just slap together a basic website and hope for the best. But if your goal is to turn web visitors into paying customers, you need to invest in a website that will truly represent your business.
First impressions matter. That’s why you should start with the look & feel of your site.
Here are a few reasons why design is important:
- The cannabis industry is competitive. There are a lot of dispensaries & brands out there, and it’s important to stand out. Make your website more visually appealing and user-friendly than your competition – your web design should connect your online experience to the one customers will get in-store. Think BRAND IDENTITY.
- The cannabis industry is online. People use your website to research and purchase products. Your website can either bring in more customers or deter them. Make it easy for users to find the information and products they are looking for, and make it even easier to make a purchase or place a pre-order.
- The cannabis industry is hyper-regulated. There are a number of regulations that cannabis businesses need to comply with. A well-designed website can help you to ensure that your website is compliant with these regulations, and it also gives you a marketing platform that’s free from some of the restrictions that exist on social media.
What makes a website great?
Here are a few tips:
- Use high-quality images and videos. Images and videos can be a great way to showcase your products and services.
- Use a clear and concise layout. Your website should be easy to navigate and understand.
- Have a strong call to action. Tell your visitors what you want them to do, whether it’s to learn more about your products, contact you, or shop now.
- Make sure your website is responsive. Your website should look good and be easy to use on all devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
In addition to the above, here are some other things to consider when designing your site:
- SEO. Professional web design leads to better search engine rankings (you’ll show up higher in Google), which means more customers from search results.
- Branding. Your website can be the foundation of a strong brand identity for your business. This can help you to stand out from the competition and build trust with potential customers.
- Conversion rates. A well-designed website can help you to increase your conversion rates, which means that more visitors will become customers.
Overall, great web design is an essential part of any successful cannabis business. If you’re looking to grow your business and reach more customers, it’s important to invest in a great web design.
Check out some examples
We’ve curated a list of several different dispensary and cannabis-brand websites developed by our team. These range from simple turnkey-style websites that feature iFramed dispensary menus, to fully custom websites that utilize API-integrated menu solutions like Dutchie Plus.
- The Citizen by Klutch – Fully custom website with API-integrated menu solution
- Fernway – Fully custom website
- Silver Therapeutics – Fully custom website with iFrame menu solution
- Flower & Soul – Turnkey website with iFrame menu solution
To date, the CannaPlanners team has built over 300 cannabis-specific websites, which means we’re always learning and improving on our process. Our team has a collective 20+ years of experience in cannabis and we’ve worked with brands & dispensaries throughout the country, and even a few international projects. Interested in chatting with a web design professional?